Location: Edmonton, AB.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application directly to the job posting on ATS Traffic’s careers page: https://www.atstraffic.ca/career-info/postings/corporate-purchaser/
Reports To: Vice President of Finance
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley, Kamloops and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is looking for a skilled Corporate Purchaser to join our team! This position will be responsible for purchasing general and specialized equipment, materials and services for ATS and our branch locations spanning across western Canada. We are looking for someone who can identify opportunities to reduce costs, mitigate supply risk, and achieve the best overall value.
As our ideal candidate you are a computer aficionado with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. You are able to consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a calm and non-confrontational attitude.
Are you an analytical customer focused individual with laser sharp attention to detail? Do you thrive on being a collaborative solution provider? If so, submit your application today!
- Consult, liaise, and develop strong relationships with suppliers, vendors, and internal customers
- Sourcing materials and services, researching new products and suppliers when necessary
- Competitive tendering and negotiation of goods and services to ensure best value
- Ensure proper receiving of materials using landed cost module
- Evaluate and develop suppliers on lead time and delivery expectations
- Identify, capture, record, and report quantifiable savings
- Provide coverage for Logistics Coordinator role when necessary
- A unique combination of education and experience will be considered:
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field;
- SCMP or SMT designation is an asset, but not a requirement;
- 5-7 years’ previous experience purchasing within corporate environment is desired. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate experience purchasing for multiple branch locations.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or similar data-entry program.
- Exposure to purchasing multiple products from various national and international vendors is essential!
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Paid Vacation Time and Personal Days
- A Health Spending Account and a Wellness Account
- RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Christmas closure of all branches
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.