Location: This position can be based out of either Edmonton or Calgary, AB.
Status: Temporary Co-Op Student Position (May – August 2021)
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application directly to the job posting on ATS Traffic’s careers page: https://www.atstraffic.ca/career-info/postings/junior-project-coordinator-students-wanted/
Reports To: Manager, Estimating and Project Management
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley, Kamloops and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is looking for a Civil Engineering student to join us as a Junior Project Coordinator! This position can be part of a Co-Op opportunity depending on the student’s post-secondary institution.
This position is designed to support the project management team in estimating and project coordination activities throughout the construction season.
Are you a Civil Engineering student looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization? Do you have a keen eye for detail and thrive from meeting project deadlines? If so, apply today!
- Review tender documents and analyze scope, specification, and schedule requirements.
- Provide clear detailed quantity take-offs and prepare accurate estimates of direct and indirect costs.
- Request material, rental or service pricing from 3rd party suppliers.
- Respond to all pricing and clarification requests as required.
- Review PO’s, work orders and contract documents to confirm is matches the scope, pricing and schedule as per bid proposal.
- Set up project in Reflektar software and transfer all related documentation. Enter all items into SalesPad and ensure order processed in a timely manner.
- Other duties in increasing scope depending on performance and skill level – the sky is the limit!
- Students in the process of obtaining a post secondary degree in Civil Engineering is required; must have completed 2 or more years of study.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold one of the above mentioned degrees in addition to a related certificate, diploma or degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management. Example: Candidate’s pursuing a Civil Engineering Degree as well as hold certificate in Construction or Project Management.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret engineering documents.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Class 5 Non-GDL Drivers License and clean Drivers Abstract is required.
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Paid Vacation Time and Personal Days
- A Health Spending Account and a Wellness Account
- RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Christmas closure of all branches
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.