Location: This position can be based out of either Edmonton or Calgary, AB.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application directly to the job posting on ATS Traffic’s careers page: https://www.atstraffic.ca/career-info/postings/project-coordinator/
Reports To: Manager, Estimating and Project Management
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley, Kamloops and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to join our high-functioning team! This position will be responsible for preparing accurate cost estimates for signage, traffic control and barrier scopes of construction tenders, as well as effectively manage and ensure the on-time, on-budget and error-free completion of assigned projects.
As our ideal candidate you are an analytical team player with the ability to foresee risks and make sound decisions. You are customer-service oriented and work well under the pressure of tight deadlines.
Do you have laser sharp attention to detail? Do you thrive on being a collaborative solution provider? If so, submit your application today!
- Review tender documents and analyze scope, specification, and schedule requirements.
- Provide clear detailed quantity take-offs and prepare accurate estimates of direct and indirect costs.
- Coordinate with project owners, consultants, and general contractors to ensure pricing needs are met in a timely manner.
- Request material, rental or service pricing from 3rd party suppliers.
- Lead the bid review meeting with branch sales and operations managers.
- Ensure that proposals clearly outline scope inclusions and exclusions.
- Lead the kickoff and execution planning with branch sales and operations managers and install supervisors.
- Data entry of all project related documentation and details in Reflektar and Salespad in accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and manage project budget, develop field production schedule working with internal groups to ensure equipment and manpower availability.
- Act as primary contact for all communication with owner, consultant, and contractor.
- Post secondary degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold one of the above mentioned degrees in addition to a related certificate, diploma or degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management. Example: Candidate has Civil Engineering Degree as well as certificate in Construction or Project Management.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset, or currently working towards.
- At least 5+ years of previous project coordination experience in a construction environment is required.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret engineering documents. Strong background in construction estimating and contracts is required.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Paid Vacation Time and Personal Days
- A Health Spending Account and a Wellness Account
- RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Christmas closure of all branches
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.