Location: Kamloops, BC.
Status: Project based, anticipated to end December 31, 2022.
Direct Report: Project Manager
Direct Reports: A team of 4 Traffic Analysts will report up into this position.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume directly to the job posting located on our website here: Traffic Control Manager – Trans Mountain Pipeline Project | ATS Traffic
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley, Kamloops and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is currently looking for a Traffic Control Manager to act as lead for a group of Traffic Analysts. This position will be first-point of contact for traffic related issues along the Trans Mountain Pipeline. This position will be responsible for reporting delays, and communicating with relevant stakeholders to deploy/determine root cause of the traffic delays, and corresponding corrective actions. This role will be managing a temporary traffic control center and all activities performed within.
Our ideal candidate will have a unique combination of education as well as experience in leadership, relationship building and strong communication skills. Do you have sound judgement and decision-making skills? Do you thrive from working in a fast paced work environment? If so, submit your application today!
- Act as lead of the Traffic Control Team.
- Scheduling of Traffic Control Team in a 24-hour center, ensure team member(s) available 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Compile and provide required reporting to Project Manager and stakeholders.
- Liaise with general contractors and maintain relationships with traffic enforcement team.
- 5 year’s experience in Traffic/Transportation is desired, preferably large infrastructure projects dealing with significant traffic impacts.
- Leadership experience with proven success leading teams.
- Post-secondary Degree in Civil Engineering is preferred, other branches of engineering may be considered if proven experience in similar work.
- Registered Engineer in Training (E.I.T) is required, preference is given to candidates holding a DATA Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Detail oriented with a penchant for data analysis.
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.