Location: Alberta, CA. This position can report out of the Edmonton or Calgary branch.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application directly to the job posting on ATS Traffic’s careers page: https://www.atstraffic.ca/careers/vice-president-of-operations-alberta/
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is currently looking for a skilled leader to join our Alberta Operations team! The Vice President of Operations will plan, coordinate, and oversee all branch operations and activities by ensuring development, implementation and sustainability of processes and procedures that drive a high level of performance to meet the present and future needs of ATS Traffic.
The key purpose of this role will be to secure financial sustainability of all branches and drive sustainable growth and standardization throughout the branch network. This position will be accountable for branch SMART WIG’s (Wildly Important Goals) set for increased performance and growth.
Our ideal candidate possesses strong leadership experience with the ability to inspire and build relationships among managers, partners and employees. This candidate can communicate corporate vision and values internally and foster employee growth to gain desired results. If this sounds like you, please submit your application today!
- Create a safety-first workplace culture that is consistent with ATS Traffic’s core purpose and values.
- Establish and achieve performance targets throughout the branch network through continuous improvement initiatives, accountability and management techniques, resulting in cost savings, lowered operational costs and increased revenue.
- Lead employees, encourage maximum performance through the practice of LEAN and 6S practices to identify and target areas of operational improvement.
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy and hiring needs.
- Empower managers and supervisors to take responsibility for their projects, goals and people.
- Participate in corporate expansion activities such as acquisitions, alliances, investments, etc.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, an MBA or equivalent post-secondary education;
- 8+ years experience in senior leadership positions;
- 5+ years’ experience creating and managing budgets, forecasts and operational P&L;
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Strong competency in strategic planning, business development, and people development.
- Intermediate computer literacy with Adobe and Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Paid Vacation Time and Personal Days
- A Health Spending Account and a Wellness Account
- RRSP Matching Program
- Annual Christmas closure of all branches
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.