Location: Edmonton, AB
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application directly to the posting on our website: https://www.atstraffic.ca/careers/business-analyst/
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley, Kamloops and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our high-functioning team in Edmonton. Are you customer-service oriented? Do you approach every situation with a solution focused approach? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Business Analyst is a fundamental position that contributes to the success of ATS Traffic by addressing the needs of the business in terms of software applications and processes. Through documentation and training, this role will utilize the LEAN Process Improvement methodology to assist the business in discovering and implementing efficient processes.
Operating out of the Edmonton head office as a member of the Technology Team, the Business Analyst will have a variety of experience in areas such as Power BI, SSRS Reports, TCR 2.0 support, HRIS implementation, SalesPad, and Dynamics GP and application support. The successful incumbent will be able to lead a review, evaluation and assessment of business processes throughout all key areas of the business and can provide departments with tangible solutions.
- Preparation, documentation, revision and delivery of various Power BI analytics and reports, and SSRS reports
- Documentation of various business process in a team environment utilizing LEAN principles. Work with various business groups to provide support, facilitation, and documentation of current business process. Provide a process improvement perspective throughout all review activities.
- Assist organizational leaders by leading process review and change to align with LEAN principals, take their vision through to delivery!
- Provide status reports and change management support/advice to leaders in order to achieve desired process improvement results.
- Engage and assist on Technology Strategy initiatives according to the approved timelines.
- Provide data analysis to the business as required.
- Fluent with MS SQL queries and SSRS reporting.
- Process and Data Flow Map creation in Visio is a plus!
- Continuous improvement of the customer (internal and external) experience.
- You are a collaborative team player who is comfortable building relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- You are a strategic and analytical thinker with advanced problem-solving skills.
- You can translate user requirements into layman’s terms and effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- You are able to listen to your client’s needs, collect the right information and turn it into added value for the business.
- You can effectively manage your time and are driven to achieve outcomes by designated deadlines. You get the job done no matter what.
- A unique combination of education and experience will be considered:
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in a related field and/or;
- 1-5 years previous experience in a Business Analyst or similar role is desired.
- Previous experience with Power BI, SQL queries, and SSRS is required.
- Familiarity with the LEAN Methodology and 6S is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft applications would be an asset. Specifically:
- Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise
- Dynamic GP
- TCR (Traffic Control Equipment and Rental Software)
- MS PowerBI
- MS SQL and SSRS
- HRIS Systems
- Project Management
- ERP Implementations
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation Time
- Health Spending Account and Wellness Account
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.