About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safety since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic in Calgary is looking for additional Traffic Technicians to join our team for the 2019 season! What is a Traffic Technician, you may ask? A Traffic Technician plays an important role in traffic design and implementation, conducting traffic control around cities, construction sites and major events such as music festivals or sporting events.
The Traffic Technician plays a fundamental role in ensuring safety on the roads. ATS offers a full training program to ensure all successful candidates are fully skilled to take on a variety of duties.
While we are currently hiring temporary positions for the 2019 season, this position has the opportunity to become permanent.
- Directing traffic surrounding construction sites and events such as music festivals and sporting events.
- Design a safe traffic accommodation plan such as lane closure, traffic detours, etc.
- Physical setup and removal of traffic devices: barricades, pylons, signage and digital messaging boards.
- Drop-off and pick-up equipment for customers.
- A valid (non-graduated) Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Own method of transportation to get to and from work
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Ability to successfully pass a Fit Test including lifting between 50 and 75 pounds
- Experience in either Traffic Control or Construction industries is an asset
- Experience pulling/hauling trailers is an asset
- Strong customer service orientation, ability to work independently and managing workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and understand maps is a requirement
This position involves working overtime including evenings and weekends as required and will have on-call responsibilities once fully trained.
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family.
Do you have a good attitude? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.