Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports To: Marketing Manager
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application to the posting on our website here: https://www.atstraffic.ca/careers/communications-specialist/
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley, Kamloops and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is currently looking for a skilled Communications Specialist to join our Corporate Office in Edmonton, Alberta. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to demonstrate and develop superior communication skills and creativity!
This position will create content aligned with ATS Traffic’s brand, history, core values and organizational direction. The Communications Specialist will also provide support for corporate marketing programs to enhance successful program delivery across the organization.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized, proactive and innovative with a flair for people. Do you thrive on creating content and seeing your published work make a difference? Are you a copywriting extraordinaire? If this sounds like you, submit your application today!
- Research and write a variety of strategic assets, including formal letters, memos, tender responses, proposals, case studies and presentations.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns and communications strategies, including media outreach and social media content creation.
- Build and maintain a content repository for the company website and other ATS Traffic digital properties including press releases, infographics, blogs and newsletters.
- Utilize project management skills to gather information for proposals. The Communications Specialist will work with the Bids and Proposals Team to ensure content is compliant with internal RFP standards, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements.
- Cultivate relationships with employees across all levels of the organization to maintain current knowledge of the company policies, principles, and offerings.
- Diploma or Bachelors’ degree in either Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in communications and/or marketing related roles
- Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing
- High computer literacy including Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, and related business and communication tools.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- RRSP Matching Program
- Health Spending Account and Healthy Lifestyle Spending Account
- Competitive benefits package
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.