Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Direct Report: Project Manager
How to Apply: Please submit your resume directly to the job posting via our website: https://www.atstraffic.ca/careers/construction-estimator/
Application Deadline: July 4, 2019
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safety since 1966. At ATS Traffic our mission is to get people home safely every day. We support the creation of safer communities, smarter cities and infrastructure through our vast array of products and services. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Edmonton’s Corporate Office is looking for a Construction Estimator to join their team! This individual will be responsible for the full cycle estimating process for ATS Traffic’s construction tenders involving supply and installation of signs, guardrail, cable barriers and delineators.
To be the successful candidate, you must be able to foresee potential risks and make sound decisions. This position requires you to work effectively under pressure of timelines and be a change leader and manager.
- Scan market for project opportunities and receive bid invites/requests
- Be the lead with all tender correspondence with general contractors
- Review and analyze all tender documents, forms, specifications and determine scope and schedule
- Prepare cost estimates for material, labour and equipment for the scope of the tender
- Acquire quotes from material suppliers and 3rd party service providers
- Prepare tender documents and submit final proposal to general contractors
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of proven work experience in construction estimating
- Ability to interpret and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting principles, organizational stills and the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and AutoCad
- Ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol screening
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Health Spending Account and Wellness Account
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.