ATS is a provider of traffic safety road products and services designed to get people home safely every day. ATS is a privately-owned company that was founded in Edmonton and has been in business over 50 years. ATS currently has offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
ATS’ Core Values include: Do What’s Right, Our People Matter, Trust Through Teamwork and Striving for Excellence. We match your skills with a position that challenges and rewards you. We owe our success to the strength and commitment of our employees. If our mission and our values speak to you and would like to join the ATS family read on!
ATS Edmonton is looking for an Estimator to join their team! This individual will be responsible for the full cycle estimating process for ATS Traffic’s construction tenders involving supply & installation of signs, guardrail, cable barriers and delineators.
The successful candidate for the Construction Estimator role will utilize the ATS Traffic Core Values as a guide for every day work:
A Construction Estimator at ATS Traffic would:
- Be able to foresee risks and make sound decisions
- Work well under pressure
- Be able to lead & manage change
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scan market for project opportunities & receive bid invites/requests
- Be the lead with all tender correspondence with general contractors
- Review & analyze all tender documents, forms, specifications and determine scope & schedule
- Prepare cost estimates for material, labour & equipment for the scope of the tender
- Acquire quotes from material suppliers & 3rd party service providers
- Prepare tender documents & submit final proposal to general contractors
- BSC in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- At least 2 years of proven work experience in construction estimating
- Able to pass a Drug & Alcohol screening
- Ability to interpret & understand construction drawings and specification
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & AutoCad
- Fundamental knowledge of Accounting principles
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to multi task & prioritize
- Team player
- Experience in the Traffic Industry is an asset
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.