Location: Calgary, Alberta
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Direct Report: Chief Operating Officer
How to Apply: Please submit your resume directly to the job posting located on our website here: https://www.atstraffic.ca/careers/director-of-operations/
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is currently looking for a skilled leader to join our Calgary Operations team! The Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day operations of our Southern Alberta Operations. This position will be accountable for all areas of operational performance including overall profit and loss. Departments that are accountable to this position are; Safety, Administration, On-Street-Services, Warehousing, Quality and Maintenance. This position is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of branch operations and safety and workplace culture.
Our ideal candidate possesses strong leadership experience with the ability to inspire and build relationships among managers, partners and employees. This candidate can communicate corporate vision and values internally and foster employee growth to gain desired results. If this sounds like you, please submit your application today!
- Create a safety-first workplace culture that is consistent with ATS Traffic’s core purpose and values
- Continuous Improvement through LEAN, Six Sigma, and 6S practices by identifying and targeting areas the business can improve in its operations
- Analyze financial results and data and to high-level operational decisions
- Successfully meet departmental productivity and quality goals with proper planning and allocation of resources.
- Empower managers and supervisors to take responsibility for their projects, goals and people.
- Utilize influence to build consensus among stakeholders
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Strategic thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Flexibility and adaptable to changing initiatives
- A combination of post-secondary education and leadership experience is required.
- A diploma, bachelors’ or master’s degree in either Business Administration, General Management, Commerce or equivalent with related experience for a minimum of 10 years combined education and experience.
- NCSO or equivalent Safety certification would be an asset
- Experience with Microsoft CRM, Great Plains and PowerBI would be an asset.
- Traffic Control experience would be an asset.
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma training is an asset.
- ISO Quality Management Experience training would be an asset.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Superior negotiation skills are desired.
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Commission and bonus structure
- Health Spending Account and Wellness Account
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.