ATS is a provider of traffic safety road products and services designed to get people home safely every day. ATS is a privately-owned company that was founded in Edmonton and has been in business over 50 years. ATS currently has offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
ATS’ Core Values include: Do What’s Right, Our People Matter, Trust Through Teamwork and Striving for Excellence. We match your skills with a position that challenges and rewards you. We owe our success to the strength and commitment of our employees. If our mission and our values speak to you and would like to join the ATS family read on!
ATS Calgary is looking for 19 Guardrail Installers to work on a 3 month project in Calgary & surrounding area. No experience required, training will be provided. You will be required to work 12 hour days, 6 days a week (Day & Night shifts available) throughout Southern Alberta.
What is Guardrail you ask? Guardrail is a safety barrier intended to protect motorists from hazards along roadways by absorbing the impact.
The successful candidate for the Installer role will utilize the ATS Traffic Core Values as a guide for every day work:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
A Guardrail Installer at ATS Traffic would:
- Be safety conscious & actively promote safe work habits
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Enjoy working with their hands
- Be mechanically inclined
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with a crew to complete Guardrail & High Tension Cable Barrier Removal & Installation (HTCB)
- Operating equipment such as post pounders & skidsteers
- Loading & unloading of materials from shop to site
- Setting up of Traffic Control equipment for site road closures (Barricades, Cones & Signage)
- Willing to work outside in all conditions
- Be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Be able to pass a Fit Test
- Customer service orientated
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Manage one’s workload with minimal supervision
- Comfortable operating equipment & using power tools
- Able to complete repetitive tasks
- Previous experience with Highway maintenance is an asset
- Experience with Guardrail installation or Traffic Control is an asset
- Previous construction experience is an asset
- Previous experience operating a Skid Steer & a Post Pounder is an asset
Starting Date: June 2019
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.