ATS is a provider of traffic safety road products and services designed to get people home safely every day. ATS is a privately-owned company that was founded in Edmonton and has been in business over 50 years. ATS currently has offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
ATS’ Core Values include: Do What’s Right, Our People Matter, Trust Through Teamwork and Striving for Excellence. We match your skills with a position that challenges and rewards you. We owe our success to the strength and commitment of our employees. If our mission and our values speak to you and would like to join the ATS family read on!
ATS Edmonton is looking for an additional Installer to join their team. An Installer will be primarily responsible for all Installations for the Edmonton region including signs, legends, posts, parking blocks in parking lots, speed bumps & humps, solar beacons, speed readers, crash systems, Foamcore (biodegradable foam signs) products, Guardrail, cable guard, barrier guard and ground mounts. In addition to signage on the roads an ATS Installer is also responsible for installing signage in residential areas such as condo developments and in commercial areas such as mall parking lots.
The successful candidate for the Installer role will utilize the ATS Traffic Core Values as a guide for every day work:
The Installer role is fundamental to the success of ATS Traffic as not only do we sell Traffic related products we provide the service! ATS Traffic is a one-stop shop of everything Traffic where the products we install help save lives! If you want to be in position where the work you do saves lives, then we want you! Join ATS and help us to continue to get people home safely!
An Installer at ATS Traffic would:
- Be safety conscious & actively promote safe work habits
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Have flexibility & a willingness to work
- Enjoy working with their hands
- Be mechanically inclined
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of products in a safe, professional and timely manner.
- Advise customers on their installation needs/recommend additional products or services.
- Maintenance of installation equipment.
- A valid (non-graduated) Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Own vehicle to get to and from work
- Be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Be able to pass a Fit Test & Able to lift 75 pounds
Please note that this is permanent full-time position not a seasonal position. This position also involves working overtime including evenings and weekends as well as out of town work.
- Customer service orientated
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Manage one’s workload with minimal supervision
- Work experience with a construction company
- Experience driving a one-ton truck
- Experience pulling/hauling trailers
- Experience with sign installations or Traffic Control is an asset
- Previous experience operating a Skid Steer & a Picker Truck is an asset
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.