Location: Edmonton, AB
Direct Report: Project Manager
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to the job ad on our website, found here: https://www.atstraffic.ca/careers/project-coordinator-construction/
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safety since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join our On-Street Services Division! This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate looking to get their first work experience in construction project coordination and estimating.
As the Project Coordinator your primary role will be to assist the Project Manager in execution of full-cycle project management. You will then act as the lead for assigned projects in increasing scope.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized CET graduate who works efficiently under tight timelines. You see the bigger picture and can foresee potential risks allowing you to make sound decisions. Most importantly, you bring a fresh perspective to ensure you and your team are continually improving!
Are you a recent CET graduate with a desire to get your hands dirty? Are you looking for a skilled mentor to show you the ropes? If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Attend project kickoff meetings with consultant and prime contractors, discuss any risks and discrepancies in construction plans or field conditions and work on solutions.
- Hold kickoff meetings with ATS Installs team, support Installs Manager by ensuring install personnel have the proper material and equipment to successfully install items
- Take off project material requirements accurately and process into orders with Procurement Team
- Develop a budget, track project related expenses and ensure that spending does not go overbudget
- Process RFI’s and change orders
- Conduct field surveys and site QA/QC inspection of installed items
- Ensure that all ATS field personnel are following EHS guidelines
- Prepare and submit progress billing statements and follow up on payments
- Assist Project Manager, Tender Coordinator and Estimators as required
- Hold a CET (Construction Engineering Technology) designation or equivalent.
- Proven work experience in construction management and project coordination is an asset.
- Can interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic accounting skills.
- AutoCAD drafting ability is an asset.
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Health Spending Account and Wellness Account
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.