ATS is a provider of traffic safety road products and services designed to get people home safely every day. ATS is a privately-owned company that was founded in Edmonton and has been in business over 50 years. ATS currently has offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
ATS’ Core Values include: Do What’s Right, Our People Matter, Trust Through Teamwork and Striving for Excellence. We match your skills with a position that challenges and rewards you. We owe our success to the strength and commitment of our employees. If our mission and our values speak to you and would like to join the ATS family read on!
ATS Edmonton is looking for additional Traffic Technicians to join their On-Street Services Team. What is a Traffic Technician you ask? A Traffic Technician plays many roles including Traffic design and implementation, Traffic Control, & Traffic expertise when Traffic patterns are disrupted.
This opportunity has the potential to turn into a Permanent Position.
The successful candidate for the Traffic Technician role will utilize the ATS Traffic Core Values as a guide for every day work:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
The Traffic Technician role is fundamental to the success of ATS Traffic as this role ensures the safety of all road users. If you want to be in position where the work you do saves lives, then we want you! Join ATS and help us to continue to get people home safely!
A Traffic Technician at ATS Traffic would:
- Safety conscious & actively promote safe work habits
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Have flexibility & a willingness to work shift work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing a safe traffic accommodation plan i.e.) lane closure or detour
- Physical setup & removal of traffic devices i.e.) barricades, pylon, signage & digital message boards
- Drop-offs and pick-ups of equipment for customers
- A valid (non-graduated) Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Own vehicle to get to and from work
- Be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Be able to pass a Fit Test & Able to lift 75 pounds
- Customer service orientated
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Manage one’s workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to read & understand maps
- Traffic Control/Lane Closure experience, but training will be provided to the right candidate
- Work experience with a construction company
- Experience driving a one-ton truck
- Experience pulling/hauling trailers
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.