Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Term: Seasonal, June – October 2019. This position has the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
Direct Report: Traffic Control Supervisor
How to Apply: Please submit your resume directly to the job posting via our website: https://www.atstraffic.ca/careers/seasonal-traffic-technician-edmonton/
Application Deadline: June 28, 2019
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safety since 1966. At ATS Traffic our mission is to get people home safely every day. We support the creation of safer communities, smarter cities and infrastructure through our vast array of products and services. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Role
The Traffic Technician role is fundamental to the success of ATS Traffic as this role ensures the safety of all road users. If you want to be in position where the work you do saves lives, then we want to hear from you! Join ATS and help us to continue to get people home safely today.
- Designing a safe traffic accommodation plan such as lane closures and detours.
- Physical setup and removal of traffic devices such as barricades, pylons, signage and digital message boards
- Drop-off and pick-up equipment for customers
- Ensure you act in a safety conscious manner and promote safe work habits
- Work well within a team environment
Are you a self-starter who thrives on managing your own workload? Do you have a strong work ethic and willingness to work shift work? If so, apply today!
- A valid (non-GDL) Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract are required
- Own vehicle to get to and from work
- Experience in Traffic Control/Lane Closures is desired
- Experience driving a one-ton truck and pulling/hauling trailers is an asset
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Ability to pass a Fit Test including lifting between 50 to 75 pounds
- Ability to read and understand maps is desired
*We will provide training to the right candidate, apply today!
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.