Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application to the posting our website four here: https://www.atstraffic.ca/careers/sign-designer/
Application Deadline: June 27, 2019
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safety since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services and signage products and services across Canada, currently operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon, Langley and Winnipeg.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is currently looking for an artistic Sign Labourer for our Art Department in our Edmonton branch! This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to work with their hands and get creative. This position is responsible for the creation of artwork for custom and stock signage while maintaining specifications of highway standards.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and enjoys changing tasks throughout the day. To be the successful candidate you must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to jump into tasks at a moments notice.
Are you an individual who enjoys working independently as part of a customer focused team? Are you self-motivated and love prioritizing your work for the day? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Provide drawing proofs for custom designs to clients
- Manufacturing of custom signs including cutting out shapes and plotting letters/symbols
- Spearhead the design and creation of artwork and sign layouts
- Keep art files up to date and organized
- Maintain a safe and tidy workplace
- Previous knowledge of sign software, plotters and printers.
- Previous experience working in the manufacturing or signage industry is a definite asset.
- Some experience in graphics or design is an asset.
- Previous labour experience in either manufacturing, production or fabrication environment is desired.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug and alcohol and fit test.
We are willing to provide training to the right candidate. If you feel you would be a fit at ATS Traffic, submit your application today!
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Health Spending Account and Wellness Account
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Regular company events like barbecues and holiday parties
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.